As most of you know shamanic practitioners are not regulated or licensed like other professions including medical doctors, psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, nurses, and various specialists. Because of the nature of shamanic practice there is no governing body, no centers of higher education and training, and no regulatory bodies. Shamanic practitioners develop their expertise in many ways including apprenticing with a teacher, studying with master shamans and the like.
Principles of Integrity
The following is the Society for Shamanic Practice’s Code of Ethics. As a member Shamanic Practitioner of the Society, Dragonfly Spiritual agrees to these principles as a guide for maintaining the utmost integrity in the service we provide.
- I will work in sacred alliance with Spirit, and to be informed and guided by that Source, and not my own ego, in offering service to others.
- I will recognize the wholeness inherent in every person or group or circumstance that comes for healing and to honor whatever form in which its pain is presented to me.
- I will be mindful of speech, thought, and action and their impact on building relationships both in the present and through time into future and past.
- I will be respectful of others, even in their differences.
- I will work with compassion and non-judgment.
- I will do no harm and to avoid any sexual misconduct in my work with clients.
- I will maintain clients’ privacy.
- I will be honest with clients and other practitioners, and will be truthful in the manner in which I present myself in public relations and advertising.
- I will offer fair and appropriate fees.
- In service to others, I will keep my own life and personhood in balance to the best of my ability.
Please contact us with any questions or concerns you may have. Thanks!